Wednesday, 14. March 2018
Welcome to our redesigned and restructured server.
Please have a look at your data and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Have fun!
Friday, 12. January 2018
News about the new metadata schema- We are working intensively on the new metadata schema (DCAT) which will ensure a great deal of interoperability for our users. As a consequence every resource will constitute its own dataset thus increasing search engine exposure of your resources. All resources and datapackages will be transformed to the new schema by the CCCA Datacentre Team thus you are able to benefit from our improvements without any effort.
We hope you'll hear from us soon with the newly implemented metadata schema!
Thursday, 21. December 2017
DCAT-AP will be implemented!!!! – This is an application profile for data sharing in Europe. It enhances the semantic interoperability between different data portals and their services and implicates the availability of the CCCA Data Server contents in standardised RDF (Resource Description Framework) format. More details next year.
The CCCA Data Centre Team wishes you a great Christmas and New Year break!
Thursday, 05. October 2017
- Austrian PANGAEA data harvested- over 913 data files organised in 75 data packages were harvested The pangaea metadata profiles (ISO, OAI) were used and implemented for harvesting of Austrian data resources, especially glacier and permafrost informations
Tuesday, 26. September 2017
- Categories published- for data resources and packages the metadata element "Topic Categories" was used for categorising data sets
Thursday, 29. June 2017
- Dynamic Data Citation- RDA Research Date Alliance webinar
- RDA WGDC Webinar slides and recording available: Climate Change Centre Austria (CCCA) - repository of NetCDF files https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/data-citation-wg/webconference/webconference-data-citation-wg.html
Thursday, 25. May 2017
- Dynamic Data Citation- RDA Research Date Alliance Pilot completed
- Dynamic Data Citation for big NetCDF files operational implemented Subsets of large files can be generated and provided with PID's dynamically, Query are therefore quotable, no redundant storage
- registered as an ISO reference implementation
Saturday, 18. March 2017
- Search functionalities enhancement- New search and filter functions
- improvement and extensions of the CCCA search tool
- Search and Filtering on Resource Level
- Versioning- Versioning of data sets released
- Version and the History of datasets implemented
Saturday, 25. February 2017
- Thesauri for Keywords- Thesauri integration for standardized keywords reduced free text confusions for keywords
Sunday, 21. May 2017
- Visualization- prototype of visualization released
- on the fly WMS visualization of OeKS15 NetCDF data sets
- no pre-processing necessary
- 2D Graph of grid points
Friday, 06. January 2017
- re3data.org- Registry of Research Data Repositories certified the CCCA Data Portal as research repository, following items, features were evaluated
- dealing with PID (persistent identifier)
- standardized Metadata and Mata information are available
- Licenses are available
- CCCA Data policy is available
- Open Access
Wednesday, 28. December 2016
- GEOCLIM- Within the scope of GEOCLIM, the existing data centres of the EODC (Earth Observation Data Cent re) and the Data Centre of Climate Change Center Austria (CCCA-DC) awill be further expanded, integrated and con nected to the high-performance computers of the Vienna Scientific Cluster (VSC). This collaboration creates int ernationally competitive computing and storage capacity for monitoring and modelling of ecosystems, climate, atm osphere, water balance and land surface. Start Spring 2017.
Thursday, 01. December 2016
- CCCA Data Centre online, the operational Service of CCCA Data Portal was released
- research data sets can be published and shared,
- Metadata description are ISO 19119 compliant, INSPIRE MD Profile mapping available
- High Resolution Austrian Climate Scenarios OeKS15 are available
- With the new Gallery function, Views, Pictures etc. can be grouped and made avavailable at first glance
- hdl (handle register) was used for a unique and persistent identifier